The start of spring is almost here, and with it comes a renewed sense of optimism. Spring often signals changes in the weather, and for automotive dealerships all across the country, this spring brings with it some positive news from within our own industry.
From more efficient vehicles to advantageous technology offerings, there’s plenty of good news that General Managers and Used Car Sales Managers should be aware of as they prepare their teams and dealership strategies for the next few months.
- The Automotive Industry is quickly embracing the latest tech trends. Thomas Conrad, Senior Dealer Consultant of Dealerslink, notes “Technology is making a powerful transition into the mainstream auto industry. Cutting-edge features such as automation, media integration and new POS solutions are becoming prevalent in today’s vehicles.” As a result, drivers have access to smarter cars with more modern amenities in an ever-evolving industry. Additionally, savvy auto dealers who are using their tools correctly, will have ample opportunity to maximize their inventory with the most profitable vehicles in their market.
- In 2022, Dealerships experienced a prosperous year despite seeing rather dismal car sales. However, service and parts departments saw exceptional growth – an encouraging sign that suggests these businesses remain resilient in the face of challenges.
- After seeing a steady increase in wholesale values for automotive vehicles, the market has recently plateaued leading to an overall stabilization of prices. – Black Book Market Insights
- ‘Tis the season for vehicle upgrades! With their tax refunds in hand, consumers are ready to invest in a new ride. Whether they’re looking to make an upgrade or get behind the wheel of something completely different, there’s plenty of opportunity available during this popular time for car sales.
- Dealers are now ready to take the wheel and steer towards success. After spending some time on autopilot due to a shortage of available used cars, things have finally started normalizing, giving dealers an exciting new opportunity—a chance for them to recreate their operations with fresh ideas and perspectives from expert coaching!
- At automotive auctions, a lively atmosphere abounds and the bidding is fierce – however sellers remain unyielding with their asking prices.
In conclusion, the automotive industry, as it always does, is demonstrating resilience and a willingness to take on any challenges head-on. By embracing technology trends, customers have more options when it comes to shopping for cars, and dealerships are continuously offering more diverse experiences. 2023 looks like it will be an especially prosperous year for vehicle sellers and buyers alike as the market seems to be stabilizing. Furthermore, dealers are capitalizing on tax refund season for extra promotions and deals. Ultimately, the automotive industry is alive and well – it’s time to get the ship right and tight, and there will be many opportunities and solutions for dealers to connect to profit.