Why Dealers Shouldn’t Fear Cloud Computing
Although the cloud is a wonderful, decentralized place to store photos, documents, videos and data, in the business world its most useful application is in software as a service, or SaaS. In this application, a third-party provider actually hosts the software, and users pay subscriber fees to access it either via a web browser or smartphone app. Examples of SaaS in business include Salesforce, GoToMeeting, Adobe, Google Apps, Dealertrack, vAuto and, of course, DealersLink.
– It’s less expensive and quicker to implement.
– It provides access to and instantly updates data anywhere at any time on any internet-connected device.
– It provides automatic updates to the latest versions, allowing for flexibility and adaptability to the latest technology and trends.
– It facilitates integration by allowing for easy communication and data transmission between different programs, so not everyone needs to be on the same type of device.
– It’s scalable, and can be added or removed quickly and easily depending on your needs.